Want To Change Photo In Aadhar Card? Here’s What You Need To Do
Aadhaar card is considered as the world’s largest biometric ID system, with over 1.19 billion enrolled Indians. In fact, for people living in this country, the Aadhaar card has become as one of the main documents for proving one’s identity.
This document now stands as one of the most important government identity proofs as it contains both demographic as well as the biometric data of the cardholder. However, there come a few times where a person may be required to update his details in Aadhaar. There are two ways to update Aadhaar. One way to do that is through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other way is by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Read more to find out how to change the photo in Aadhar card.
Follow these to update your Photo in Aadhaar Card
A person can get his details in Aadhaar updated by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can follow the steps mentioned below to change the photo in Aadhar card:
- To update the photograph you first need to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
- Then download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from the official website of UIDAI’s
- Then submit your form to the executive and provide your biometric details, after which the executive will take your live photograph.
- You need to provide biometrics to approve your details and to get the details updated
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip containing the URN
- The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to check the update status
- Once your request to change the photo in Aadhar is processed, you can download the updated Aadhaar card online. Then visit the UIDAI Portal to download the updated Aadhaar card
- You can choose to download a normal Aadhaar card as well
- Make sure to refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhar app after update
- Aadhaar data has to be updated in the DigiLocker app as well
Important Points to be taken care of
- No document is required for updating the photo.
- Executive clicks the photograph on the spot using the webcam
- It may take up to 90 days to get the details updated
- Check the update status online using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip
- There is no online process to change the photo in Aadhar card through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).