Want To Cancel Irctc E-Ticket? Check Out These Rules To Avoid Loss
Indian railways is called national transporter for a reason. This transport facility alone facilitates millions of passengers each day. Railways’ tourism and catering arm IRCTC handles e-ticketing, catering and tourism for the railways. Passengers can book their tickets online in advance through IRCTC website and app.
In case there are any changes in travel plan and the passenger wish to cancel their ticket, they can do so without losing all their money. IRCTC has certain cancellation and refund rules which clarify cancellations charges and other details regarding ticket cancellation and refund.
If you are not familiar with cancellation and refund rules of Indian Railways, then you may incur a loss in future while cancelling a booked ticket. Let’s take a look at the refund criteria over the cancellation of tickets:
– If you would want to cancel the ticket 48 hours before the scheduled time of the departure, then you will have to pay the cancellation fee of Rs 240 for 1st AC & Executive class, Rs 200 for 2nd AC and 1st class, Rs 180 for 3rd AC, AC Chair car, 3 AC Economy class, Rs 120 for second sleeper class and Rs 60 for second class.
– If tickets are cancelled 48 to 12 hours, 25% of the fare will be charged.
– For tickets cancelled 12 to 4 hours before the scheduled departure, 50% of the fare will be charged.
– No refund will be given on confirmed tickets if the ticket is not cancelled or TDR not filed online.
– In case of RAC tickets, no refund is permissible if the ticket is not cancelled or TDR not filed online up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
– In case of a party e-ticket, full refund of fare, less processing fees, shall be admissible for confirmed passengers on the condition that the ticket shall be cancelled online or TDR shall be filed online for all the passengers up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.