Now You Can Book Ola Cab On IRCTC Website & Mobile App; Here’s How
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is known for changing the face of railway ticketing in India. It pioneered internet-based rail ticket booking through its website, as well as from the mobile phones via WiFi, GPRS or SMS.
Once it went online, it had become the largest and the fastest-growing e-commerce website in the Asia-Pacific region, with about 6,00,000 registered users as of 2013.
Recently, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has joined hands with leading cab aggregator Ola, that will enable commuters to book an Ola cab on IRCTC mobile application as well as on its official website.
According to the IRCTC official release, passengers will now be able to book from a wide range of Ola services such as Ola Micro, Ola Mini, Prime Play, as well as SUVs directly via the IRCTC website and mobile app. Additionally, Ola Autos and Ola share are also part of the deal.
Follow these steps to book Ola cabs through IRCTC app/website
1. In order to book an Ola cab or auto from the IRCTC website and mobile app, first log in to IRCTC with your details.
2. Once you login to IRCTC’s official website, select ‘Book Cab’ in the services section
3. After selecting it, you will be then be landed on a page where you can book your book your Ola cab, book.olacabs.com
4. Now enter your pick and drop location
5. After this, you have to select if you want an immediate Ola cab or wish to schedule it for future
6. From the options, you need to choose your preferred cab option
7. After selecting your cab, the final step is the payment for which you need top select the payment and then click on continue
8. Your Ola cab booking is confirmed
With the LOI signed between Ola and IRCTC, the Indian Railways PSU is looking to further enhance the mobility experience of commuters while also providing a one-stop solution on the IRCTC platforms.
To book Ola cabs customers can either do it in up to seven days in advance or also upon reaching the railway station. In addition to that, all IRCTC outlets at railway stations and Ola’s self-serving kiosk will also offer commuters the option to book cabs.
In the newest update, employees of both cabs aggregating companies Ola and Uber threatened to go on an indefinite strike starting from Sunday midnight in major cities of the country including, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune among others.
The drivers are also miffed at the state government’s announcement that Ola and Uber cabs should run on CNG.