IRCTC Premium Tatkal Ticket Booking: Read All About It
Everyone is familiar with the mess we come across when it comes to planning a trip in short notice and then booking a train ticket in such less time. Indian Railways, however, has come up with a solution to make the lives of travellers a little hassle-free.
A whole another scheme called Premium Tatkal (PT) quota was introduced by the national transporter on the IRCTC’s official website years ago, with this scheme IRCTC has promised to make the life of commuters a little easier. Under this Premium Tatkal ticket booking scheme, a few seats can be reserved with a dynamic fare pricing where the fare may be increased with as ticket bookings go up.
Those who would like to book train tickets under Premium Tatkal quota, they can do so by visiting IRCTC website or Rail Connect app. Let us take a look at the salient facts of the Premium Tatkal ticket booking scheme on IRCTC:
– The Advance Reservation Period of IRCTC Premium Tatkal ticket booking scheme is similar to that of Tatkal ticket booking.
– The ticket booking is allowed on or after 10:00 AM.
– The dynamic fare is charged only for confirmed passengers
– Agents are not permitted to book tickets under Premium Tatkal quota.
– Under this quota, only E-tickets are allowed for booking.
– Ticket booking is not permitted.
– Under Premium Tatkal quota, RAC and Waitlist ticket bookings are not allowed.
– Any type of concession is not applicable.
– Child passenger will be charged with a full fare.
– In case of cancellation of confirmed Premium Tatkal quota tickets, a refund is not granted.
At the time of booking, the ID card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required. Also make sure that while travelling under this quote, do carry the original ID card that you also used at the time for booking.